Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Queen Helene Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub


I've seen a couple of reviews on its facial mask counterpart but not so much for this product here. I purchased it off drugstore.com for approximately $11.


As you know, I'm a fan of anything green and anything minty too actually. What attracted me was the fact that I can use it daily; which implies the scrub has tiny debris as compared to other facial scrub that I've used. "Unclog pores" and I'm totally sold!
I don't quite get the 'Rinse well with warm water part'. Is it really necessary?


There is a heck of alot of paraben(s) in this product. There was; not sure if it still is, a controversy that parabens have weak estrogenic activity that is a trigger factor of breast cancer. Yikes!


Scent : Eventhough the name states as Mint, it has more of a lemongrassy smell.
Colour/ Texture : Chocolate-greyish with fine grains
Directions: Moisten face and massage product gently into the skin avoiding the area near the eyes.


After product was moistened.


What I Like
The sturdy packaging doesn't seem to collapse or flatten at odd corners despite frequently squeezing the tube.
Thick and is not runny; reducing wastage when squirting out product.
Fine grains; doesn't feel like I was rubbing sandpaper on my skin.

What I Don't Like
I don't quite fancy the lemongrassy scent but the scent does cease upon rinsing.
I'm as blind as a bat in the shower and a fast forgetter too and the screw cap definitely doesn't help.

Justification
I'm sitting on the fence with this product. I can't bring myself to tolerate with a scent that I dislike despite how wonderful the product is. No doubt the product did justice in unclogging my pores and the tiny bumps on my cheeks has reduced. I suppose I don't mind trying out other products that functions as this one does.